If you love betting on basketball, you might be interested in learning some basketball handicapping tips from experts who have been in the game for a long time. Handicapping is the art of analyzing various factors that affect the outcome of a game, such as statistics, injuries, motivation, coaching, trends, and more. By handicapping, you can gain an edge over the bookmakers and increase your chances of winning.
We share some handicapping tips that can increase the profits of your basketball wagering efforts. Our goal is to turn our visitors into better players. Hopefully, you will use our tips to improve your profits and skills.
Basketball Handicapping Tips
The first thing you need to know is the players and teams. One of the most important aspects of handicapping is knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each team and player. You should study their recent performances, their styles of play, their matchups, their chemistry, and their motivation. You should also pay attention to any injuries or suspensions affecting their performance.
It is also vital to know how to look for value. Value is the difference between the odds the bookmakers offer and the true probability of an outcome. For example, if a team has a 60% chance of winning but the bookmakers offer betting odds of +150 (implying a 40% chance), there is value in betting on that team. Therefore, you should always look for value in your bets and avoid betting on teams that are overpriced or underpriced by the market.
As a player, it is crucial to consider situational factors. Sometimes, a game can be influenced by factors unrelated to the teams or players, such as scheduling, travel, fatigue, weather, crowd support, rivalries, revenge, etc. These factors can affect a team or player’s motivation and performance positively or negatively. Therefore, consider these situational factors when handicapping a game and adjust your bets accordingly.
More Handicapping Tips
We also recommend using multiple sources of information. There is no single source of information that can give you all the answers when it comes to handicapping. You should use various sources of information, such as statistics, trends, news, opinions, analysis, and more. You should also compare different sources and look for discrepancies or agreements that can help you make better decisions. However, it would be best if you also were careful not to rely too much on any single source or to follow the crowd blindly.
Lastly, know how to manage your bankroll. One of the most critical but often overlooked aspects of handicapping is managing your bankroll. Your bankroll is the amount of money you have allocated for betting on basketball. It would help if you never bet more than you can afford to lose or chase your losses with bigger bets. You should also have a system for determining how much to bet on each game based on your confidence level and expected value. A typical method is to use a percentage of your bankroll or a unit system.
Also, knowing how to overcome a betting losing streak is vital. There are times when you lose several wagers in a row. When that happens, you must know what to do. Read our other sports betting tutorials to become a better player.