Casino Hold ’em is one of the most popular poker variations worldwide. Also, it is an attractive option for poker fans with its live dealer casino version. It offers players the thrilling action of a live game. Here is a how-to-play Live Casino Hold’em guide for you to follow.
Live Casino Hold ’em is very exciting, and players can see every action at the table and play in real-time. Besides, it is one of the most popular games on online casinos. It offers excellent payouts, and side bets, as well as players, can choose different betting options in selecting live tables.
What is Live Casino Hold’em?
Casino Hold ’em is very similar to Texas Hold ’em, except how the winner is determined as well as the payouts. It uses a live dealer in which plays an important role.
The main goal of Casino Hold ’em is to create the best possible five-card poker hand. It is using a combination of two “hole” cards and five community cards. Also, the dealer is using a 52-card standard deck to play.
How-To-Play Live Casino Hold’em – Basic Rules
The gameplay starts with players to place chips on the “ante” section of the table. It is similar to a blind in online poker, and players need to place bets before the cards being dealt with. Then two cards will be dealt with, which are the pocket cards. The dealer will also receive two cards, facing down. Further, three community cards will then be face-up on the table to complete.
Players will then decide to fold or call. Folding will lose the ante bet, and calls will require an additional wager that is twice the ante amount. The final two cards are then dealt with. Luckily, the system will automatically determine the best five-card poker hand for you in a live dealer casino vs. land casino.
If the dealer’s hand qualifies:
- And higher than the player, the player loses the bet placed.
- But the player hand is better, the ante is played, and the call bet will be paid 1:1.
If the dealer’s hand does not qualify, the player wins, but bets will be returned, and only ante bets are settled.
How-To-Play Live Casino Hold’em – Key in Playing
The key to playing Casino Hold’em is knowing the poker hands that can be created. Any betting player needs to learn the card ranking and how to determine whether they can beat the dealer hand by using the flop cards.
Here are the cards ranking Live Casino Hold’em cheat sheet:
- Royal Flush – A straight flush from 10 to Ace.
- Straight Flush – A five consecutive cards with the same suit.
- Four of A Kind – It is four of the same face value of the cards. The hand is completed with the highest card on the table or in player hand.
- Full House – A combination of thereof a king with a pair. The full house hand that has the highest three of a kind wins over other full houses.
- Straight – A series of five cards that follow each other, but that is not of the same suit. Aces can follow a King, or start a straight followed by a Two.
- Three of A Kind – Three cards of the same kind. The hand to complete with the two highest cards on the board
- Two Pair – Two sets of two cards of the same kind. The last card to complete the hand is the highest card on the board
- Pair – Two cards of the same kind. The hand is filled with the three highest cards that are left available.
- High Card – if the player has none of the above and only has a single card like an Ace.
How-To-Play Live Casino Hold’em – Basic Strategy
Players need to make the right decision whether to play after the first set of cards dealt or whether to fold. Although it sounds simple, several factors to take into consideration. At this point, you need to consider the strength of your hand. And on how to improve one while the remaining two cards have been dealt.
Here are some tips:
- Always call with a pair or better
- Always call when you have an Ace or a King
- Call when you have a Queen or Jack; unless community cards are all of the same suits – and you do not have the same suit on hand
- Play if you have two overcards
- Call with a flush or straight when only one card to complete the flush or straight on hand
- Fold if you have no cards that match the board, no cards over ten unless you have a straight draw or flush draw
- Fold if you hold low unpaired cards that don’t match the board and don’t provide a flush or straight draw
Play casino games with VOBET, the Best casino in the world!